We may be well into winter, but since we live in Texas, we are just now getting some chilly weather. We have been embracing the temperature drops when they come by spending some quality time outdoors with our girls. Our favorite way to all warm up back inside is to curl up by the fireplace with a couple of blankets and a bowl of this delicious pizza soup we love to make!
Every time we make this pizza soup now, we think about when we made it on our amazing trip to Vermont we took in the fall where we were all about maintaining peak coziness. If you haven't checked out our Vermont vlog, you can watch it here! You'll see the pizza soup, and some great BTS on our very first S+S shoot as a brand. We can't wait for you to see where we go next!
- Fresh Basil
- Rao's Homemade Four Cheese Sauce (24 oz.)
- 1 Liter of Beef Broth
- 1 Bag of Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 pound of Hot Italian Sausage (Pork is preferable!)
- 1 pound of Lean Ground Beef (We use 90/10)
- 1 Cup of Orecchiette Pasta
- 1 Shallot (Diced)
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Petite Diced Tomatoes (Drained)
- 1 Bag of Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Clove of Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Tablespoons of Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (For sautéing)
How To Make:
Combine all of the spices with the ground beef and Italian sausage in a bowl and mix well.
In a pot, add your olive oil and sauté the shallots and minced garlic.
Once shallots are fragrant, add the meat and spice mixture to the pot.
When the meat is thoroughly cooked, drain it before adding in the Rao's Homemade Four Cheese Sauce, beef broth, and drained diced tomatoes.
Bring to a boil, and then let simmer for 45 minutes.
In a separate pot, boil water and cook orecchiette pasta for approximately 9 minute, or until al dente.
Once the pasta is done, drain it and add the cooked pasta to the soup along with 4 cups of spinach.
- Combine ingredients thoroughly.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, top with fresh mozzarella and chopped basil.
If you decide to make a pot of this simple and delicious pizza soup, please let us know how you like it by leaving a comment below! We love hearing how people make our favorite recipes their own.
when you sign up for our S+S email list.
The BEST soup dish ever. So easy, so so good! I’m making this all the time now! Thanks for the recipe y’all!
Made this for dinner tonight! So delicious!!
Do you mean two teaspoons of salt? Or really tablespoons?