These delicious cookies are a staple in our household not just because they taste so good, but also because they serve as a sweet reminder that sometimes you’ve got to enjoy childhood classics even as an adult. We love knowing that they will be classics one day for our girls too just as they are for Stevie now.
Stevie remembers a time he was feeling especially nervous before one of his baseball games as a kid. He thought he was hiding it pretty well because when he saw his Nana all she said was “We've got to get you some fuel for the big game!” Stevie was ready to tell her that his stomach was already feeling uneasy, since expected her to hand him a granola bar or piece of fruit. Before he could say anything, she reached into her cookie jar and pulled out two homemade chocolate cookies just for him. His Nana knew exactly what he needed, and sure enough he began to feel better. It was a small, sweet moment with his Nana that he cherishes to this day. It's amazing what a little love and chocolate can remedy!
If you or a loved one are going through tough times, we hope these chocolate chip cookies can help bring a little sweetness to life!
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter cut into tablespoon sized chunks
- Flaky salt to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fareinheit
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy.
- To the sugar and butter mixture, add the eggs one a time followed by the vanilla as you continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients mixture into the creamy mixture continuing to mix until blended.
- Incorporate the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet
- Bake for 10 mins or until edges are golden brown.
- Once finished, sprinkle flaky salt on top of the cookies to serve.
There's really not much better than a warm homemade chocolate chip cookie in our books. We hope you can enjoy these delicious cookies with a loved one, and we won't blame you if you make another batch just for yourself!
Do you have a sweet memory involving sweets? We'd love to hear it below!
sign up for our S+S email list.