Sazan's Summer Salad
Summer is around the corner, and if you live in Texas like us, it feels like it is already here! As a working mom, once school is out for summer I have less time to make lunch but still want to prioritize healthy meals to fuel and fill me until dinnertime because I don't always have time to snack. This salad is my go to all year round, but it is especially refreshing on those hot summer days!
- A generous handful of washed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (or more!) of pine nuts (to toast)
- Give or take 4 large strawberries sliced in half or quartered
- 1/2 medium-sized avocado
- 1 chicken apple sausage link cut up into thin slices (I love the applegate brand that’s organic and anti-biotic free)
- handful of shaved parmesan
- 1 "Good Seasons" Italian Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix packet / follow the back recipe but mix in balsamic, water and olive oil. *or swap for your favorite dressing
Serves 1-2 people. And That’s it!
I seriously eat this salad multiple times a week and do not get sick of it because it is just that good! If you love it too, I recommend getting a cruet which makes the dressing preparation so much easier and it allows you to store the rest of it in the fridge to use for next time. I've added a link to the one I use below!
I am always looking for quick and easy lunches to make on the days where it feels especially tough to balance work life and mom life so if you have any recipes that you love please let me know below! Thanks for hanging with me here today!
when you sign up for our S+S email list.