We just got back from a weekend getaway in Half Moon Bay. While we were there celebrating Stevie's birthday and baby #3 on the way, we fell madly DEEPLY in love with the Coconut Chia Berry Compote Parfait on The Ritz Carlton breakfast menu.
The hotel management caught Sazan raving about it on her Instagram Stories and was kind enough to leave us a little recipe card and some fresh granola to take home with us. (So sweet...pun intended.) Keep reading for the recipe.
You know I, Sazan, can't really keep a secret. I'm going to share this yummy how-to with you! It's healthy, it's refreshing and straight up delicious. It wasn't long after we got home from our trip that I immediately craved this parfait and busted the recipe card out quicker than I unpacked my suitcase. I knew it wasn't going to turn out *perfectly* like the one I had every morning but surprisingly, it's pretty darn close! And it is equally just as tasty! As you can see from the pictures below - I can now easily call myself a sous-chef at The Ritz. ;) kidding.
Here's the little recipe card they wrote up for me! Be sure to have some granola on deck (there's had some raisins, almonds, walnuts and oats that tasted so good and cinnamon-y) and I also garnished the top with fresh raspberries, blueberries and mint leaves (if you have!).
• Berry Compote: Strawberry, Blueberry, BlackBerry, Sugar (I substituted with Maple), Lemon Zest, Orange Zest, Lime Zest -- in terms of measurements, I just grabbed a small hand full of equal parts.
• Chia Pudding: 3-4 tablespoons of Chia Seeds per cup of Coconut Milk (we did multiple cups to make multiple servings for the week). Add some Agave to taste (based on your sweet preference)
• Berry Garnish
1. Berry Compote: Cook Berries & Citrus Zest in sugar until its jammy. Let it cool.
2. Chia Pudding: Soak Chia Seeds in coconut milk & agave. Leave overnight.
3. Grab a small glass cup or small mason jar and fill the bottom layer with berry compote, then the chia pudding which should fill a majority of the cup leaving some room at the top to add your granola, berry garnish, and fresh mint (if you have!)
Be sure to tag us on instagram if you end up trying this recipe. If you're ever in the Half Moon Bay area, go to The Ritz and try the real version at their hotel and compare to see just how amazing it is! Enjoy! :
Cheers, Stevie & Sazan
when you sign up for our S+S email list.