Would you agree: Life is better with fresh baked cookies. I (Sazan) recently whipped up a batch of gooey, chewy and crispy on the edges M&M cookies and it did not disappoint! The secret ingredient? The love from my Teeny & Amari. I could have easily made these myself and saved myself the headache of making a mess, BUT the time I got with my two little ones in the kitchen is exactly what my soul (and theirs!) needed. I hope you'll try this recipe with your little ones. Recipe below!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, gently packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups (365g) all-purpose flour (stir, spoon & level)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups M&M's candies, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheet trays with parchment paper or non-stick pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and both sugars. Cream until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well and scrape the bowl with a spatula.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the M&M's. Mix gently on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- Scoop cookie dough balls (about 2 Tbsp each) and place onto prepared baking sheet about 3-inches apart. (8 cookies per tray.) Generously press M&M's into the tops of cookie dough balls (about 6-7 M&M's per cookie) maintaining a round shape.
- Bake at 350˚F for 8-10 minutes until edges are just barely starting to brown. For thicker cookies, press edges inward with a cookie spatula while still warm. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes on the tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
when you sign up for our S+S email list.
Find they go soft very quickly. Love them but in my eighties so not supposed to consume all at one go. How to keep nice & crisp. Tried all kinds Tried all kind of containers.